Dr Brambila has received over 15 grants, awards and prizes from Annenberg School of Communication at University of Pennsylvania, Oxford University, Sheffield University, International Communication Association, Mexico’s National Council on Science and Technology, and the Mexican Congress.
17. (2018), Summer Research Fellow (full sponsored), Center for Media at Risk, Annenberg School for Communication, University of Pennsylvania.
16. (2017), Summer School (sponsored participant), Reuters Institute Summer School on Comparative Qualitative Research on Journalism and News, Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism, Oxford University.
15. (2016), Travel grant, Communication Department, University of Leeds, 1,500 GBP
14. (2015), Grant for Research on Global Media Law and Policy, Center for Global Communication Studies, Annenberg School for Communication, University of Pennsylvania, 5,000 USD.
13. (2015), Postgraduate Travel Grant, International Communication Association, 500 USD.
12. (2015), Postgraduate Travel Grant, International Communication Association, Journalism Division, 200 USD.
11. (2015), Scholarship, Mexican Minister of Education, 5,000 USD.
10. (2015) Travel grant, Department of Journalism, University of Sheffield, 1,500 GBP
9. (2014), Summer School (sponsored participant), Annenberg-Oxford Media Policy Institute, Oxford University.
8. (2014), Postgraduate Research Grant, Society of Latin American Studies, 1,000 GBP
7. (2014), Special Travel Grant, Open Society Foundations, around 2,000 USD.
6. (2013-2017), Full Scholarship for PhD Studies (Tuition fees and living expenses), Mexican Council for Science and Technology, around 23,000 GBP per year.
5. (2012), Grant to Monitoring Federal Elections (leaded by Dr Julio Juarez Gámiz), The United Nations Development Programme and Mexican Federal Electoral Institute, around 25,000 USD.
4. (2011), National Prize of Essay (First Prize), Mexican Channel of Congress, 2011, around 1,000 USD.
3. (2011), Semester Abroad (sponsored participant), Latin American Institute, Freie Universität Berlin.
2. (2010), Summer School (sponsored participant), Media and Politics, Boston University
1.(2009-2011), Full Scholarship for MA Studies (Tuition fees and living expenses), Mexican Council for Science and Technology, around 5,000 GBP per year.